Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Universal language

As I started to shape my thoughts for this blog, I couldn't help but think about a time long, long ago when the only way to communicate was body language and images on walls. Fascinating.  I don't know what it would be like to go a day without speaking, writing and reading, but then again, when you haven't been exposed to it, any form of communication, no matter how simplistic is just as powerful. 

I would be lying if I said I wasn't curious what it would be like.  Get up in the morning and smile to your loved ones to communicate good morning, hugs and kisses to say I love you, nudges to remind each other of things to do, playful acts to communicate happiness, tugging to invite others to help, pointing and other hand gestures to express need, eye expression to relay sadness, concern, anger, questions, hurt, happiness....it's actually quite phenomenal all the things we can say without saying anything. Language is a beautiful thing, no question, but body and facial expressions are as genuine as it gets. No texts, emails, posts, tweets or blogs, just human to human raw communication.

Wouldn't hurt to pay closer attention to this silent language. 

No comments:

Post a Comment